Standard Casters Not Adequate for Adjustable Beds in Medical Setting Adjustable Beds are becoming more popular in Sleep Labs, hospitals, and other medical settings these days, and they all have a common problem - The standard casters on most adjustable beds are not suitable for these environments. Regular plastic wheels can damage the floors, and they pose a risk for bacteria, mold, and fungal growth. Sleep Lab Bed Casters Designed for Medical Settings Finally, a solution as arrived: Sleep Lab Bed Casters. These wheels are specially designed for use in a medical or sleep lab environment, featuring rustproof, Antimicrobial wheels which can support up to 275 pounds, each. The axles are sealed and recessed, and feature thread guards for additional protection from daily use and debris. Sleep Lab Adjustable Bed Caster Features
- With crowned wheel treads, precision ball bearings, and a tight double-ball steel swivel raceway, mobility is quiet and effortless.
- However, the advanced Total Lock mechanism just as quickly prevents any movement of the bed, by not only locking the rolling movement of the wheel, but also locking the stem to prevent any swiveling.
- Stem: Diameter = 7/16", Length = 1 3/8"
- Fork Style: Directional with Total Lock
- Fork Material: Nylon
- Wheel Diameter: 4"
- Tread Width: 1-1/4"
- Tread Material: Soft, Antimicrobial Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR)
- Wheel Bearing: Precision Ball, Sealed Maintenance-Free Design
- Load Height: 5-13/32"
- Load Capacity: 275 lbs.
- Swivel Radius: 4-15/16"
- Wheel Color: Gray on Gray